Students in New York Understand
The Benefits of Breakfast
- and their Star Food machine
makes it easy to start their day right!
Breakfast is often described as the most important meal of the day, and rightfully so -- it not only provides important daily nutrients such as protein, fiber, calcium and carbohydrates, but it also helps improve school performance, allowing students to do better on tests, according to the Food and Nutrition Service.
Here are 5 reasons why breakfast matters, especially to children and teens:
1. Breakfast recharges their batteries and gives them staying power to get through the school day
2. Brain function improves - particularly memory and recall
3. Grades improve - and so does behavior. Ask any teacher!
4. Having a good morning meal helps kids make better food choices throughout the day, and therefore a healthier weight
5. Star Food reimbursable meal machines are easy, full of USDA approved multi-component meals and ready when they are!
Getting started with your new
Star Food machine.
Video Updates / Testimonials
What School Foodservice Pros Are Saying